Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"New Post"

Our next project in the "Faces of Music" is going to be Neil Young. I want to stray from the mainstream of doing just a plain portrait and really make the look of this next piece look wild and electric. I wanted to post the photograph that I am starting with to give you time in the next couple of days to really work on your initial drawing. On a picture with this much detail I would suggest that if you are having problems drawing  to try the method of scaling that I taught you a couple of weeks ago. Draw your square grid pattern (whatever scale that you like) and transfer to your watercolor paper using this technique. We will spend two or three days just drawing so that when we start to paint we have a very tight layout to work from. Get started, draw and I will return tomorrow to help you with these first steps. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment