Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Mother's Day"

I wanted to post a painting today that is in keeping with today's special event, "Mother's Day". This is not a painting of my mother, but my mother's mother, my grandmother. If I ever posted a photo of my own mother that would be the last posting I ever made. The woman you see here was a very special person in my life as well as the lives of all my other family. She instilled in us all the love of books, the arts and to treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. One other thing is, she was by far the best cook that I ever knew. I still have the cookbook that she assembled and she was the person that I gave my first watercolor painting to and it hung in her living room until the day the house was sold. She was a master seamstress as well, churning out handmade quilts for all the grandchildren and making sure that all of her "kids" were treated equal. I never got in trouble with my "Mamaw" and I think the reason was that I never wanted to do anything that would disappoint her. She truly was a beautiful person. Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and all the Moms out there, I hope you have a great day. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment